Monday, September 1, 2008

Our Hendrix


Thanks to my very talented friend Deb for taking this adorable picture of Hendrix for his announcement! Here it is for those who's addresses I don't have~

Thanks to everyone who has asked about how Hendrix is doing. I had been going to a lactation consultant for a few weeks after Hendrix was born and they assured me he was getting enough milk and told me that switching to formula would only make his "colic" and fussiness worse. They would weigh him before and after I fed him and said he was taking in plenty...but he always seemed hungry and would nurse all of the time! A few weeks ago, I stopped nursing and switched to formula and he is a new baby! I had mixed feelings because I love to nurse and know the health benefits but he has just done so much better! He is happier, sleeping more and crying much less...now we REALLY are enjoying our sweet baby Hendrix!

5 comments:

Tristen said...

He is absolutely precious and this announcement is the best I've seen!! Such great news. I'm SO sad that they didn't have you try formula earlier! Breast is not always best! Sometimes babies just don't handle the milk like they should, I'm so glad that he's feeling better and is bringing so much light to your family. He is precious and so fun. Thanks for sharing your announcement!

Anonymous said...

really cute announcement...it's up on my fridge! glad he is doing good. Daegan got the WORST gas pains from my breastmilk. I put him in Nestle Goodstart and he was better within a few days- glad I stopped.

Kristol said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I'm glad he's doing better on formula. The blessing pictures were really fun to look at. The first one of Hendrix and Kris is priceless!

Anya Gilbert said...

Janice, What a beautiful family. I found you from kristol. I love the pictures. You look great. congrats on the new baby. I will keep in touch and you do the same. Anya
www.gilbertfamilypictures.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind me looking, but I had to tell you the announcement is so beautiful, and about formula, my aunt had to do the same with all her kids, lactation consultants can be over the top in my experience. My aunt says that once she switched to formula her kids even started to sleep through the night, they all turned out to be over 6 feet tall, so maybe you just have a boy who needs a lot to grown on!
Kellyn