This Past week at our house has been nothing short of chaotic. This afternoon just as I was about to have a nervous break down, I walked by my back door and felt the most calming cool ocean breeze. I stopped, stood and took a few deep breaths. Had it been there all day? How had I not noticed it earlier? A true tender mercy from the Lord at a time when I needed it most. A moment to pause and regain a little sanity. Just what I needed to continue on with my afternoon.

The Root of the chaos had been Hendrix's broken wrist. Not that HE is the root of my chaos... just his situation. We are not sure exactly when this happened. We were packing up to leave Bass Lake and he tumbled down the stairs. I caught him about half way down, he was fussy but was fine once he napped. That night after we got home we were unpacking and he fell in the garage and was hysterical from that point on. He is a new walker so he is a little wobbly still and trips and catches himself a lot. Kris said he fell to one side and pretty hard so we don't know if he did it then on earlier that day on the stairs. Poor Guy. I feel terrible for him. They had to put a full arm cast on him so he can't pull it off. Now his balance is off more than before and he falls all the time, requiring constant one on one supervision while he is awake to make sure he doesn't get hurt even more or get it wet or dirty. I have sooo many things in my daily routine that I need to do and cant until he is asleep. No beach, pool , lake, dirty park's, bath's or messy foods for 2 1/2 weeks.
When he does sleep, he seems to be comfortable like this. I covered his cast with a sock to keep it dry and clean. Not the cutest look, but practical... and thats what it's all about these days.
On a brighter note, I am amazed at how well he plays and gets along with his cast. He is still so happy (for the most part) and seems to be adjusting better and better every day. He should only have to wear it of 2 weeks... Yay!
9 comments:
OH my gosh! Poor kid! During summer too! I'm glad he's still happy & I hope you get alot more ocean beeze's coming your way.
poor baby! i had a rough day today too. how weird. i thought about you guys and missed you a lot today. i must have been sensing your day! let's try and get together soon. i need a williams fix! :) miss you guys!
p.s. the for sale sign is finally down at your old house. i had to do a double take. for some reason, it makes me miss you more.
Poor sweet boy!! He is darn adorable in his tiny little cast though...I pray the 2 weeks fly by quickly for you guys :)
Ouch! That doesn't really look like a comfortable way to sleep to me. Nice to hear that he's still pretty happy in spite of the cast. Hope your days get better.
Janice - I'm so feeling for you. when chad broke his leg last year I thought I would have a nervous breakdown. Seriously. Do what you can to get through this time. Hire someone to watch him or just plan on doing mcdonalds for dinner every night!!!
joette told me about little hendy..how sad! hang in there janice. i know how you feel...daegan has a horrible runny nose and cough that keeps him up at night and we have all had no sleep for 4 days...ugh. have a good weekend!!!
We were sure glad to see the three boys at the beach the other day! Your dad is amazing, so good with them, what a fun papa they have!! Hang in there Jan! Glad to know that you have help near by.
I'm so sorry - poor little guy! Drew broke his foot when he was a toddler - Jeff accidently stepped on it - and he had to go back to crawling. It was so sad too - but that was winter. Summer would sure be harder!
I know how those days can be...when it seems like the kids gang up on you and everything goes wrong. Isn't it nice when you get a little break or breather and get the strength to take it all on? Poor Hendrix,it's a good thing their little bones heal so quickly!
Post a Comment