Monday, January 14, 2008

Heaven on Earth?


Kris and I spent the weekend at Bacara Resort and Spa..possibly the most wonderful weekend getaway spot ever! We left the boys with my parents (THANK YOU so much!)and of course they had so much fun. It was kind of sad for us that no one wanted to leave Mimi and Papas house but atleast we know they had a great time and were spoiled. It was nice not to have to worry about them. We had a wonderful time relaxing in the day spa and getting a few treatments, Laying by the pool and swimming (it was so warm!), sleeping in uninterupted, childless fine dining, childless walking on the beach, going to the movies and of course shopping in downtown Santa Barbara. The room was amazing and we just enjoyed relaxing in front of our fireplace and on the childless oceanfront patio...in childless silence. Can you tell we needed a getaway? We really did enjoy the "childless" part of everything however by Sunday were so ready to see the boys...We missed them! Glad to be home and back in my routine.

10 comments:

SUMMER said...

Soooo jealous... that place seems AMAZING!!!

Sarah said...

LOVE the Bacara- so romantic and fun! I think we are long overdue for a nice little vacation like the one you had!

Debbie said...

this place looks and sounds beautiful. i hope that one day i can go to a place like this. i am glad you were able to get away, just the two of you.

Chelle said...

How fun! Maybe we'll copy you soon :)

The Trotter Family said...

I could use a get away! What a nice way to relax and spend some alone time with the hubby!

Cyndi said...

Wow! How fun. I'm so glad you shared that with us. It has made me repent for being envious...hee hee. Good for you guys for getting away, it is great that the boys could have so much fun. Grandparents are great. I can't wait to see your pictures.

Kristyn said...

That place sounds amazing!! Nice pick!

Kelly Fam said...

That sounds amazing! Good for you two getting away. I bet that felt so nice, especially being pregnant. I still have not left my little Josie overnight, can you believe that!

The Starr Family said...

We've stayed at the Bacara before too and loved it! Santa Barbara is a great getaway destination! So much to do there and just far enough away!

Good for you!
Carol

The Starr Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.