Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mud Soup


Mud soup got me thinking today...I can't believe my babies are starting Kindergarten in a few weeks! Mud soup is something my boys love to make and to be honest, makes me crazy because it is a pain to clean up. I was complaining to my mom today about the big mud soup mess I had to clean up and she reminded me how fast they grow and to enjoy these days...mud soup and all. She is so right! I have been reflecting a lot on the last few years and I do think I have enjoyed all of these funny moments and realized how much things will change once they start Kindergarten. They are attending a Mad Scientist Science Camp this week for 3 hours a day...I cried the first 2 days dropping them off and was there 20 minutes early to get them. I came home and told Kris I think I should home school our boys....obviously kidding...but it is tempting when you think about sending them into that big world unprotected by you for so many hours a day! I wish I could keep them in a bubble forever. They came home from science camp and had soo much fun! I love picking them up and hearing all about their day and I realized it is just a new chapter in my life that will be such a fun adventure for all of us and I can't wait! Heres to Kindergarten and making Mud Soup!!!

5 comments:

Kristyn said...

That's so true! I remember I was tellign a friend once how excited I will be when little Thacker could really talk and then I could have normal conversations throughout the day. She just told me she enjoys EVERY stage of their childhood. I need to be better about that. But I don't think I could do home school. I'd like those hours alone FAR too much! :)

Anonymous said...

Ah your so cute Janice!!

The six of us! said...

I totally agree w/you on the whole bubble thing. Enjoy the time when they are home! Your such a good mom and I know your boys adore all you do for them!

SUMMER said...

CUTE memories you will have with all these boys! And yes, I will for sure help you find a deal on a stroller!

*Shelli* said...

It's hard to drive with tears in your eyes or hurry to the car! I cry too! You get so proud of them and how much they are growing up! I cried at middle school and high school drop offfs! I still don't know what to do. I think I'm the only "mother" walking around those two schools!