It's amazing how one phone call can take your week from mundane and organized to Completely out of control and full of uncharted waters. In an effort to stop Jenna and Curtis from heading to the Court house to be married that upcoming Wednesday, My Mom, Ashley and Myself lured them home for a quiet family wedding. Little did we know, the crazy ride we were in for... It all seemed so simple.

Now, Let me give you a few details ~ Jennas courthouse announcement came late Sunday evening. A few days prior, my mom had just finished planning to have a wedding for them in Utah a few weeks later, which was obviously cancelled. My Dad had already left on a business trip to San Francisco and Kris was packing his bags for New York... both of them gone until Friday. We were confident that between the 3 of us we could have everything planned and details worked out by Monday evening, and already had plans for a girls night on Tuesday watching american idol and ordering in dinner... Little did we know we would be driving through Mc Donalds and driving up and down the coast looking for the perfect Venue, in the pouring rain, from Dana Point to Newport Beach, with screaming whining children in tow. In our nieve attempt to plan this event, we neglected to realize that Jennas wedding would fall on Valentines weekend. Not just any valentines weekend, But a weekend where sunshine and clear skys were predicted after weeks of stormy weather in Orange County. This meant that every couple would be headed for a romantic ocean view lunch or dinner on Saturday. Also, being Valentines week, we had 2 School Valentines parties and 1 playgroup party to make Valentines and Valentines treats for.
We finally settled on a place in Laguna Beach called, The Rooftop, which proved to be perfect. Looking back at frantic days, sleepless nights, fast food drive thrus, neglected children, and 3:30 am phone calls, when i saw Jennas face on the morning of her wedding I knew, it was all worth it.
As I write this post my washing machine has been pushed into hyper mode as I have mountains of laundry that need to be pushed through it today, to catch up. And thanks to my sweet husband I was able to catch up on my sleep by sleeping in until 12:30 today. I now feel refreshed for the mundane, organized and Semi in control week that lies ahead of me.
8 comments:
Oh my gosh..a wedding in a WEEK?!?! If anyone could pull it off you & your mom could, you guys are amazing! I want to see pics whenever you get a chance to blog them!!!!
WOW!!!! You did a great job, and everything looked so well planned and organized. What a great sister you are to help make her day so beautiful!
Wow, what a whirlwind of a week! But, glad you all got to be a part of it. I can't wait to meet him. Everyone looks so great in the pics - thanks for posting all about it!
I am so impressed. I LOVE LOVE Jenna's dress! Let's talk about it: did you find that in a week?
And that cake is perfect! It looks like it was beautiful and a perfect day. Your boys are so dang cute in their suits.
Jenna looks so happy, what a cute couple. I am so happy for them.
What a busy week! I love the picture from Father of the Bride...Haha. If anyone can pull off a wedding in a week its you and your mom! I loved seeing pictures of the wedding...looks like a great day!
You are nutty! I can't believe you pulled it off and it turned out adorable. Love the cake and the dress!
Congrats to Jenna and Curtis! You pulled it off beautifully Janice! The flowers, the venue, the centerpieces, the color co-ordination, the gown, and the cake were perfection - not to mention it was all done in a week! I'm sure Jenna is very grateful to you all for putting this together! BTW - which bakery did you use???
Thank you!
Carol~ We used Davlyn Howland, she lives in my ward here in talega... let me know if you need her number :) are you planning a wedding soon?
Post a Comment