
These crazy fires have really made me think..Are we prepared for a natural disaster? Is my car filled with gas? Do I have any cash on hand? Cell phone handy? Earthquakes, Fires, Floods...you never know. Life gets so busy and it is hard to take the time to be fully prepared. We have our 72 hour backpacks but have no idea exactly what is in them and don't think clothes or shoes are on the list of items...hmmm, that could be a problem. I guess it's time to pull everything out and go through it. Thank you for all of the calls we have received...Yes we are OK. The Fallbrook fire is about 10 miles from us but we just see heavy smoke coming over the hills. Last I heard it was 10% contained. Luckily we are not smelling too much smoke yet, however trying to stay inside due to the air quality. We have some friends evacuated from San Diego and Fallbrook and are praying for the safety of their homes and for the exhausted firefighters fighting these blazes.
6 comments:
I know what you mean. We had a blackout in our area a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't until then that we realized we didn't own a flash light! I think I can safely say, I am less prepared than you. Hope you are all safe in the fires!
so glad your safe! i know what you mean about being prepared. i finally took the time this summer and got our 72 hour packs together. i still need to add jacobs stuff. the church website has a really good list of stuff for 72 hour pack, if you're needing one.
That's cool that the boys got to see firemen at work (I guess)! From snow to fires, what a trip! Cute pics at Shark Aquarium...they look a little familiar :):):)
wow, that's the first photo I've seen of the fires. scary!! did you take that?
Courtney~ Yes they are scary but I think doing better today. They cancelled all of the schools in our city today and tomorrow. Trying to keep my boys inside and finding things to do with them. No, I did not take that picture.
Jan,
Glad you guys are ok. How scary, I can't believe it. Looks like you guys are having fun staying indoors. We just put together our first 72 hour kit over conference...I don't think ours has clothes either. Thanks for the reminder. Have fun whether you stay inside or go visit your family. Be safe.
Post a Comment