Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Sick Day"


I did keep the boys out of school today and called the school to let them know exactly why I was doing that.  We  met my Mom at Disneyland and had a great day!!!
I tried to explain to them why we were not at school today...they are too young.. I shouldn't have even gone there.  I think I have them a little confused now.  Oh well, one day they will understand and look back on this moment in history and I want them to know that we as a family  did everything we could to support proposition 8... yes,  including playing hookey.  

5 comments:

Kim said...

Good for you! I'm so proud.
We will be there tomorrow! I really want to see you. I'll call you from Grams.

The Trotter Family said...

I don't think we had that out here. Maybe we should!

Kristol said...

Good for you! Glad you had a fun day. I can't believe that huge donation from the teachers union! It's all so stressful...

Kristyn said...

That's awesome. I just read your post below about the beer cans and profanity, and everything else. I find their arguments about tolerance and acceptance so irrelevant now. This is all so insane. I'm so glad the church and church members are taking such a strong stand against it all!

Janice said...

Rachel~ It was a sate wide thing..I just think a lot of people didnt hear about it :)