Sunday, August 26, 2007

Tough Explanations....


For some who may not know Collin was in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for 21 days after his birth due to a vaulve in his heart that didn't close because the boys were 6 weeks early. Collin brought me this picture today of him as a newborn...a little concerned, he wanted an explanation of why he was there and why he was sick? What were all of the things hooked to him? Was he getting shots? Why I was touching his leg? And was I his doctor? My eyes filled with tears just watching his expressions as he looked at this picture trying to understand what was going on and looking at each and every detail. I tried the best I could to explain to him why he was in the hospital a little longer. He saved the picture in a special spot and wanted to show Kris when he got home. I knew someday he would be curious about his birth but didn't know it would be this soon. The picture was a reminder to me of how grateful we are to have our sweet boy here with us today!

2 comments:

Kristol said...

hi Jan, what a scarey thing! I'm glad everything worked out in the end. Kid's are so curious...I love it. I love their questions and concerns. I also love your rain pictures. You are a cute mom. I love the picture of the boys drinking their chocolate by the fire. Cozy!

Danielle said...

He is so tiny and you look so young and cute. I had completely forgotten about him staying there so long:( Your boys are just the cutest ever!!